Running Start for Health Careers I & II
Enjoy helping others? Healthcare professionals are needed and in demand.
This course focuses on the foundational knowledge needed to understand patient-centered healthcare careers, including anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, health career exploration, and education pathways.
- Excursions to healthcare facilities to experience an inside look at a patient care unit or specialty lab.
- Successful completion of this course will prepare students to continue their education with an academic plan in place that provides preparation for potential employment in a healthcare setting.
- No textbook required for this course.
- Must have transportation to CNM, Presbyterian Northside facilities and any offsite visits
- Health Screening and immunizations (no cost)
- Rigorous Coursework with high expectations- remember Healthcare is about PATIENT CARE
Career Pathways Covered
|Nurse Technician||EMT/Paramedic||Medical Biller||Nurse|
|Entry Level Salary||$20,418||$20,340||$29,492||$45,360|
|Education Required||Certification||Certification or Degree||Certification||Nursing Degree|
Source: New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Executive Director Running Start For Careers
Outreach Services Office Central New Mexico Community College
Lucy N. Barabe MSN, RNC-MNN
Industry Partner | Presbyterian Healthcare