Running Start for Construction Careers
Running Start for Carpentry-NCCER Core Part B
Creative? Want to leave your mark? Construction professionals are in demand.
This course provides an overview of construction and carpentry-related careers. Students learn about jobsite safety, proper tool usage and basic building principles.
- Learn and enhance hand and power tool ability, blueprint drawing, and rigging skills.
- Tour job sites and learn from construction site managers and general contractors.
- Earn core course credit in the nationally recognized NCCER apprenticeship program and OSHA 10 safety credential.
- Opportunity for paid internship following successful completion of program.
- Textbooks provided by the instructor.
2/6 to 4/30
Associated Builders & Contractors
2821 Broadway Blvd NE
|Carpenter’s Apprentice||Carpenter||Construction Superintendent||Project Manager|
|Entry Level Salary||$11,082||$22,165||$42,205||$46,350|
|Education Required||Training||Apprenticeship Required||Training or Certificate/Degree||Certificate/Degree|
Source: New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Executive Director Running Start For Careers
Outreach Services Office Central New Mexico Community College
Industry Partner| ABC
505-830-4222 ext. 102