Surveying, Mapping, and Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) Technology
Drones, maps, lasers, GPS, and Computers – it doesn’t get much better than that!
Learn how these technologies come together to map the Earth, save lives, and analyze our environment. Students will gain hands-on experience with the technologies that are mapping our world.
- Explore the latest state-of-the-art hardware, from drones, GPS, and Laser Total Stations to the latest mapping and 3D software.
- Work with the same tools used every day by surveyors, urban planners, archaeologists, construction managers, police, and countless other professionals.
- Includes preparation and exam fee for FAA Remote Pilot Certification.
- Opportunity for paid internship following successful completion of program.
- No textbooks required for this class.
Dates and Time
- February 6 – April 30
- Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 – 5:50 p.m.
|Surveying and Technicians||Civil Engineer||GIS Analyst||Photogrammetry|
|Entry Level Salary||$26,060||$52,900||$45,450||$39,470|
|Education Required||None/Job Training||Degree||Degree||Certificate/Degree|
Source: New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics